Saturday, January 5, 2008

Keep An Eye Out For Scott Lynch

Today at the library a patron asked me if we had the second book written by Scott Lynch. I looked and told her that no we didn't but asked her to describe the first book, which she read in Arizona and she absolutely loved it.

It's title was "The Lies of Locke Lamora" - Book I of the Gentleman Bastard Sequence.

"Why, I can smile, and murder whiles I smile,And cry 'Content' to that which grieves my heart,And wet my cheeks with artificial tears,And frame my face to all occasions."
--William Shakespeare, Richard II, iii, ii.

The second book is "Red Seas Under Red Skies" - Book II of the Gentleman Bastard Sequence.

"All your better deeds
Shall be in water writ..."
--Beaumont and Fletcher, Philaster, v, iii

There are interesting comments posted on Grumpy Old Bookman. here's the link: http://grumpyoldbookman.blogspot.com/2006/03/scott-lynch-lies-of-locke-lamora.html
I'm excited about it...how about you?

No comments:

Nathan's Native American Button Blanket

Nathan's Native American Button Blanket
Eagle patterned button blanket designed for beauty and warmth. To see more pictures of how he made this click on the picture above.